Sunday, January 24, 2010

don't godaddy...

...it's the absolute WORST in every way. i'm never going to have my site redone at this rate. there's no way I'm resizing every single photo, the templates are shit, it's impossible to navigate. i just hate it.

sigh. aaaanyway.

I just sent in a few images to the mill st loft in Poughkeepsie to be considered for their 30th anniversary art show and silent auction. The deadline for submissions is tomorrow and I got the email......yesterday. No pressure. It's a long shot anyway I suppose.



St. James Chapel



Breakneck Ridge

I'm not exactly sure what the jury is looking for since there was no specific theme mentioned. I chose a few random images that have done well in the past.

I never get tired of walking past the Mars Bar on 1st ave, as I did on Saturday, even though I've yet to go inside. The outside does me just fine.




The New York Road Runners Manhattan Half-marathon was this morning in Central Park and the dear old husband ran a fantastic race. 258 out of 5,000 or so. Proud. The spectrum of runners was astounding. Most astounding were the orange-haired old ladies stopping at the drink table after the first mile and socializing like it was tea-time. I was stumped by their behavior.



^^^ an appropriate use of the beverage table.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, congrats to Brandon! That's an impressive finish. Is he planning on entering more races?

    I lovelovelove that photo of Breakneck Ridge. Hope you hear some good news from the organisers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you darling!! and yes he has another one coming up in March!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you make out with your entries? These 3 photos are amazing!!! I especially love the chapel!

    ReplyDelete